You will need a pair of those. Click on image to order

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Post 8: "Dead Dog Shrine"

I was taking the last composition apart, and thought I could do something else with the dog skeleton... The result was"Dead Dog Shrine". I adjusted the Anaglyph so the whole scene would be just behind the window this time. Click here for a full screen version.
I shot the scene with the camera at a 45 degree angle to the tabletop, so I could also make a Phantogram. I straightened up the sides to make it a rectangular image with the same ratio as the sheet of paper. I had to copy and paste the front corners  of the paper to fill in the missing parts. I could have shot a wider view, but would have lost definition. Here is the resulting Phantogram, which you have to look at on your monitor placed flat on the table. On a laptop, click on the image to get a full screen version and push your screen as far back as possible. 
On a regular monitor:  Click here to get a full sideways screen image. 
Fill the screen with the image and turn your monitor the long way flat on the tabletop. It looks like a garbled mess. But put the 3D glasses on, stand and look down at it at a 45 degrees angle, moving left, right, front and back till you hit the "sweet spot" where everything stands straight up above the surface of the screen. When you do, it is amazing, almost looks like a hologram, except that you cannot turn around the virtual image.
 I need to try a print, but I know it won't be as good for lack of contrast. May be if it is spotlighted in a dark room...

No comments:

Post a Comment